Weekend Adjustments Immersion
2-Day Training With Samara Speller
- Explore the principles behind effective adjusting. Rather than memorizing an adjustment for each pose, you will learn the underpinning theory so that you will be able to adjust any pose regardless of if we’ve looked at it before
- Develop your vision and eye for detail so that before you even touch a body, you are able to clearly assess where the pose is “off” and from where it needs to be adjusted (which are rarely the same place)
- Gain ample hands on experience adjusting your peers and receiving feedback
- Examine your own habitual ways of sitting, standing, and moving which inform your experience both in and outside of the practice and will help you to better orient yourself and others
- Develop a creative and skillful approach to working with people experiencing injuries, pain, or other challenges
Bi-Weekly Meditation Workshop
with Jared OR SENIOR Lighthouse Teacher
8:30 – 10pm
$10 for members (Autorenew or Yearly)
Tools + Techniques for Cultivating Joy
Workshop With Tony Lupinacci
3 — 5pm
A sense of joy can be present in all situations whereas happiness is often fleeting and can end the moment it’s begun.
In this 2 hour workshop, we will use asana along with deep spiritual practices such as pranayama, mantra, and kriya to create, or build upon a daily spiritual practice. A dedicated sadhana can help us stay grounded and steady instead of subscribing to life’s ups and down’s. When we become comfortable with uncertainty – joy is possible!
The goal of this workshop is to help students apply tools from the practice to everyday life.
Workshop With McKenzie Dreher
3 — 5pm
Kundalini Rising: A New Moon Blackout
Workshop With Abhaijot, AManbir, and Friends
6:30 — 9:30pm
$60 in advance
$70 day of
Under the first New Moon of 2020 join us for a New Monthly gathering at Lighthouse Yoga School with Lighthouse Kundalini Yoga (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) teachers Abhaijot Kaur and Amanbir Singh and friends, Michael Jay and Terrance Pompey.
New Moons are portals of darkness where we come to relaxation and rejuvenation of soul. During this monthly blackout we will use the power of Kundalini Yoga, Naad Yoga the power of sound, Acupuncture, Sound journey through gongs, and Tibetan bowls, and a cosmic frequency dance party to unite the spirit in celebration.
About the Teachers
Abhaijot Kaur and Amanbir Singh are resident Kundalini Yoga (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) teachers at Lighthouse Yoga School, who travel the world teaching Kundalini Yoga in trainings, retreats, and community spaces to enrich people’s lives.
Michael Jay is one of the first US students of Grand Gong Master Don Conreaux. He is a primary member of Don’s Mysterious Tremendom performance group and continues to study and assist him with Gong workshops regularly while Don is in the US. He is a NYC based senior student and facilitator of Sage Academy of Sound Energy retreats and trainings, and has assisted at the Open Center Sound and Music Institute program in 2015. Michael is the catalyst for the multifaceted sound based collective SVAHA (Sound Vision Alchemy for Harmonic Attunement) and is the Director of Therapeutic Sound at You Can Thrive — a vibrant community for women in and out of treatment for breast cancer.
Terrence Pompey is a NYC-based composer, producer, drummer, and remixer. He frequently plays the dholak drum in accompaniment of many Kirtan artist. He recently did a few remixes, three of which are on the Kirtan Soul Revival remix album. He has released music under the names Kula Headz and tm.pOMpey.