What: 300hr TEACHER TRAINING (LIVE, IN-PERSON), Yoga Alliance Certified
When: September 3-24th, 2022
Where: Danena Sicily
It’s time! Lighthouse is excited to offer our first in-person 300hr Teacher Training since 2019! Learn to practice and teach our signature yoga class, JM Vinyasa, with clarity and precision. This training will be our most immersive and in-depth training to date, as we will live on-site together for 3 weeks at the beautiful retreat center, Danena Sicily, with Jared McCann and Rebecca Causey, who share over 34 years of teaching experience. Immerse yourself in yoga asana and sadhana practice and study each posture in-depth from the perspective of practitioner and teacher. Jared will also teach Yoga History and Philosophy and along with Rebecca, serve as coach + mentor during teaching practice sessions. Rebecca will teach Anatomy + Kineseology as applied to yoga asana.
Our 300hr Advanced JM Vinyasa Teacher Training is designed to help students enhance and refine their teaching skills and personal yoga + meditation practice. Trainees will learn to effectively teach and safely practice more advanced poses and inversions, cultivate a daily Sadhana practice that includes mantra, kriya, pranayama and meditation, as well as take a deeper look into yoga history and philosophy, yoga anatomy and functional movement.
Students who complete all the elements of this training will be eligible to receive a 300hr certification from Yoga Alliance, or add it to a previous 200hr certification to meet the 500hr RYT requirement. Students who satisfactorily complete this program will also receive a 300hr certificate from Jared McCann and their contact information and teaching credentials will be added to our list of certified JMY teachers around the world.
300hr Advanced JMY Training Focus:
- Refine trainee’s own personal asana practice
- Study yoga asana (basic and advanced poses) in-depth with daily posture clinics
- Effectively sequence, cue + teach intermediate / advanced level JM Vinyasa class
- Provide safe and effective adjustments during yoga class (with and without props)
- Incorporate yoga history + philosophy into practice and teaching
- Develop + maintain a Sadhana practice (meditation, advanced mantra, pranayama, kriya)
- Understand anatomy + physiology as applied to yoga asana, including how to assist and guide students with limitations and injuries
- Utilize and cue advanced Bandhas to increase stability, strength and energetic awareness
- How to teach excellent private yoga lessons
- Learn the business of Yoga (online module)
8:00-9am: Morning Sadhana (Meditation / Mantra / Pranayama practice)
9:00-11am: JM Vinyasa practice
11am-1pm: Lunch break
1:00-3pm Lecture (Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Posture Clinic/Adjustments)
4:00-6:00pm: Lecture or Teaching Practice
6:30-7:30pm JM Vinyasa practice
9:30pm-10:15pm Evening Meditation
**we will take one day off per week to have time to explore + enjoy Sicily!
In preparation for the training, we encourage students to complete the following homework and self-study. For 40 days leading up to the training:
- Maintain a daily sadhana/meditation practice
- Practice JM Vinyasa at least 3 times weekly (on-demand videos provided)
- Study cues from the JM Vinyasa Teacher Training Manual and watch video tutorials (provided upon registration for the training)
Requirements* for successful completion of the training:
- Complete required reading assignments within 3 months of the completion of the 3 week in-person program
- Pass written exam
- Full attendance at all portions of the live training.
- Be able to teach a JM vinyasa class using JM vinyasa cues and integrate teaching feedback from Jared + Rebecca.
*Students who do not meet these requirements will not be eligible for Yoga Alliance certification or to be listed as a certified JM Vinyasa teacher on our official Lighthouse Yoga School teacher directory page.