300HR Teacher Training
300-Hour JMY Advanced Teacher Training
With Jared McCann and Lighthouse Staff
Dates, Summer 2020
Module 1: July 7-15
Module 2: July 23-31
Break for Self-Study: July 16-22
300-Hour Training OBjectives
Our 300hr Advanced JM Vinyasa Teacher Training is designed to help teachers enhance and refine their teaching skills and personal yoga + meditation practice. Trainees will learn to effectively teach and safely practice more advanced poses and inversions, cultivate a daily Sadhana practice that includes mantra, kriya, pranayama and meditation, as well as take a deeper look into yoga history and philosophy, yoga anatomy, and meridian therapy.
In order to get the most from this experience, students are strongly encouraged to have previously attended a 200hr yoga training. Students who complete all the elements of this training will be eligible to receive a 300hr certification from Yoga Alliance, or add it to a previous 200hr certification to meet the 500hr RYT requirement. Students who satisfactorily complete this program will also receive a 300hr certificate from Jared McCann and their contact information and teaching credentials will be added to our list of certified JMY yoga teachers around the world.
This training will provide tools and techniques to:
- Refine trainee’s own personal asana practice
- Effectively sequence, cue + teach intermediate / advanced level JM Vinyasa class
- Provide safe and effective adjustments during yoga class (with and without props)
- Incorporate yoga history + philosophy into practice and teaching
- Maintain a Sadhana practice (meditation, advanced mantra, pranayama, kriya)
- Study yoga asana (basic and advanced poses) in-depth with daily posture clinics
- Understand anatomy + physiology in order to offer better cues and more effective sequencing
- Utilize and cue advanced Bandhas to increase stability, strength and energetic awareness
- Learn the basics of meridian therapy and how to apply it in public classes and private lessons
- Teach private yoga lessons
Training will be held daily from 8am-6pm at Lighthouse Yoga School, during the two training modules (July 7-15 and July 23-31).
- 8-9:30am: Morning Sadhana (meditation/mantra/pranayama/
- 9:30-10:30am: Group teaching practice or lecture
- 10:45-12:45pm: Asana practice
- 12:45-2pm: Lunch break
- 2-4pm: Yoga philosophy / functional yoga anatomy / posture clinic / meridian therapy lecture
- 4-6pm: Posture clinic
In order to receive JMY and/or 300hr Yoga Alliance certification the following additional work is required:
- Trainees must attend 3 additional public classes at Lighthouse Yoga School per module (July 7-15 / July 23-31)
- During the module break (July 7-15 / July 23-31) students must maintain their morning sadhana practice (1 hour daily) and attend 1 yoga class per day at Lighthouse Yoga School (all classes attended at Lighthouse Yoga school from July 7-31 are included in the cost of tuition). Students from out of state that need to return home to attend to family or business during the module break may do so, provided that they continue their Sadhana and JM vinyasa sequence self-practice.
- During the module break, Lighthouse will be open from 2-4pm every day M-F and Sunday, and from 4:30pm-6:30pm Saturday to allow trainees to practice teach in small groups. Students are expected to use this time to study and practice with each other and complete one short assignment during the break.
- After both modules have been completed, students will have 6 months to complete the required readings, 50 hrs of additional teaching practice and self-study. Students are also strongly encouraged to maintain a daily sadhana practice for 40 consecutive days after the completion of the training.
If seeking financial assistance, see separate scholarship application below.
Financial Assistance and Payment Plans
2 x Diamond: $200 tuition
2 x Gold: $1,500 tuition
2 x Silver: $2,500 tuition
*Due to the high volume of scholarship applications, a $30 non-refundable application processing fee is required. If awarded a scholarship placement, recipients agree to donate 20 minutes of their time every other day during the training to assist with keeping the studio space clean and tidy.
Applications are due by April 1, 2020 and placements will be notified on April 6th.
Monthly Payment Plans are also available for all students. Please contact Rebecca if you would like to arrange a payment plan.