100-HOUr JM VINYASA FOUNDATIONS
JUNE 6-JULY 2, 2020 // ONLINE: ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
100-Hour Training Objectives
Learn to practice and teach our signature yoga class, JM Vinyasa, with clarity and precision from anywhere in the world with Jared McCann and his team of highly skilled teachers. Immerse in Sadhana, asana class and study each posture in-depth from the perspective of practitioner and teacher with Jared. Rebecca Causey will teach Anatomy + Kineseology as applied to yoga asana and Michael Guiou will teach Yoga History and Philosophy.
This is a 100hr foundations training that can be combined with our 100hr Intermediate/Advanced Training in July in order to be a complete 200hr training, but it can also be taken on its own for 100hr credit. We will focus on providing tools and techniques for the following:
- Refine trainee’s own personal asana practice
- Learn the basics of how to effectively cue + teach a JM Vinyasa class
- Understand anatomy + physiology as applied to yoga asana
- Incorporate Yoga history + philosophy into practice and teaching
- Develop a Sadhana practice (meditation, mantra, pranayama)
- Study the asanas (postures) in-depth with daily posture clinics, including how to use breath and bandhas to increase stability, strength and awareness.
Upon completing the course, students seeking in 100hr Yoga Alliance credits must submit a 15 minute video demonstrating their ability to teach a prescribed section of the JM Vinyasa class. We will grade and send feedback on the sequence and the video. Homework must be submitted within 1 month of completing the training and requires an additional $50 processing fee paid directly to Lighthouse Yoga School at the time of submission for the time spent grading and giving feedback. This is required for YA certification, though all students who participate and complete the contact hours will receive a JMY certificate of completion. This JM Vinyasa Level I training must be completed in order to apply for the upcoming Intermediate/Advanced JM Vinyasa Training, unless student has successfully completed a 200 or 300hr Vinyasa training at Lighthouse Yoga School with Jared McCann previously.
All classes and lectures will take place online via Zoom. Downloadable recordings will be made available to all participants in order to make the training accessible to students in any time zone. Live attendance is encouraged but not required.
JUNE 2020 Schedule
Saturdays: 9am-6pm EST (June 6, 13, 20, 27)
Sundays: 9am-6pm EST (June 7, 14, 21, 28)
Tuesdays: 8am-11:30am EST (June 10, 17, 24, + July 1)
Thursdays: 8am-11:30am EST (June 12, 19, 26, + July 2)
Saturdays + Sundays:
- 9:00-11am: Lecture (Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Posture Clinic)
- 11:45am-12:45pm: Sadhana (meditation/mantra/pranayama practice)
- 1:00-3:00pm: JM Vinyasa practice
- 3:00-4:00pm: break
- 4:00-6pm: Lecture (Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Posture Clinic)
Tuesdays + Thursdays:
- 8:00-9am: Group Discussion / Q+A (time to ask questions regarding the previous weekend’s lectures and posture clinics)
- 9:15am-10:15am: Sadhana (meditation/mantra/pranayama practice)
- 10:30-11:30am: Group Discussion / Q+A
Students seeking YA certification are also required to practice the JM Vinyasa sequence (using a recording provided) two additional times per week.
A digital training manual will be provided. Live attendance is encouraged for all sessions when possible but not required.
Early Bird: $1200 (Apply + Pay in full by May 20— save $300!)
Regular Rate: $1499 (Apply after May 20 — total payment due by June 3).
For all rates, a $300 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of sign up. Remainder of payment is due by the dates listed for the corresponding rate. All tuition payments are non-refundable once the training has commenced.
Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding the training.